Today I’m going to share my top five sugar replacements. Many people are over-consuming high fructose corn syrup and processed sugars so I’m going to go over my top five sweeteners that you can easily replace them with. Although these sweeteners may benefit your health and are better than processed sugar, I would recommend consuming these them in moderation.
1. Pure raw honey is great because it contains amino acids, electrolytes, antioxidants, and antimicrobial compounds, which can support your overall health. Honey also helps reduce allergy symptoms, is used as a natural medicine to help heal a wound, and is my most used natural sweetener.
2. Stevia. If you have blood sugar issues, are overweight, or have diabetes, then stevia may be the best sweetener for you. Stevia is a no calorie, all natural sweetener that comes from a leaf of a flowering plant. Make sure you get the green leaf stevia by sweet leaf brand.
3. Dates are great because they are high in fiber, potassium, minerals, and vitamins. The fiber in dates actually slows down sugar absorption in your body.
4. Coconut sugar. Organic, unrefined, coconut palm sugar is great for baking because it has the equal comparison of 1 cup to 1 cup of regular sugar in a lot of recipes. It’s full of potassium, electrolytes, nutrients, and has a lower glycemic index.
5. 100% organic, Grade B, maple syrup is another great sweetener to use in recipes.
The majority of regular sugar used is from GMO beets and corn, which is highly toxic to the body. Instead, try incorporating these five natural sugar substitutes to satisfy your sweet tooth while you’re taking your health to the next level.